I am a Certified Gottman Parent Educator and Gottman Seven Principles Educator. I enjoy working both with couples and individual one-on-one and also facilitating group learning, so consider if you would want to get private support or if you prefer to learn in a group setting.
I offer three psycho-educational workshops, all based on John Gottman's research:
- The Seven Principles Program is for couples considering marriage and couples who want a "relationship refresher".
- Bringing Baby Home is for new and expecting parents. Infants up to 6 months are welcome at the workshop, and parents are welcome up to 1 year after the birth of any child (does not need to be your first born).
- Emotion Coaching is for any parent, educator or health professional that wants to learn how to help kids become healthy, compassionate and moral adults more likely to make successful life choices. Easy to learn, and used by parents, educators and care-givers, Emotion Coaching supports kids through life’s ups and downs in a way that builds confidence and helps them grow socially, emotionally and intellectually.
The Gottman materials are based on over twenty years of research. Together we can apply these evidence-approaches to help you and your partner connect and improve your friendship while also practicing new ways of navigating conflict.
Emotion Coaching is a 5-step method that builds emotional intelligence and creates positive, long lasting effects for children.
It supports kids through life’s ups and downs in a way that builds confidence and helps them grow socially, emotionally and intellectually.
Researchers have found that even more than IQ, your emotional awareness and ability to handle feelings will determine your success and happiness in all walks of life.
Contact me for upcoming group workshops or private coaching on how to be a powerful emotion coach for your child.
You will learn:
- Emotion Coaching Research
- The Importance of Emotion Coaching
- Emotion Dismissing vs. Coaching Parents
- How to be an Emotion Coaching Parent
- Parenting Behavior to Avoid and to Practice
- The Parental Agenda
- The Five Steps of Emotion Coaching
- Steps to Help Challenging Children
- Remembering Life as a Child
- Learning How Your Family Handled Feelings
- Understanding the Four Common Parenting Mistakes
- Learning to Manage Your Own Emotions
- Reflecting on Fathering
- Learning to Create Empathy and Understanding